12 September 2010

Happy Birthday to me

I turned 21 last Saturday.

Please take a moment to say a prayer for all those who lost their lives on that day.

Finished?  That's okay, I'll wait.

. . . . . . .

Are we good now?  Awesome.  Now let's take a moment to focus on me and my awesome gifts.  I got Pokemon SoulSilver for my birthday.  Also the movies Whip It and Troy.  Then I got Robotech Protoculture Collection and the Fafner in the Azure boxed set.  And then I bought myself a bottle of wine just because I can.

Did you know that people don't tend to buy hard booze in a store when they turn 21?  They usually go to bars, but I figured that since I'm now officially legal, I can do what I want.  So a bottle of white zin for me it is.  Even so, I was kind of surprised when the woman checking me out said not many people buy stuff on their actual 21st birthday.  Who wouldn't want to exercise their right to walk into a store and confidently show their ID that says "this person is clearly 21, but thanks for checking."  Perhaps it's only me, though.

I'll be looking for fellow Pokewalkers to link up with.  Keep an eye out for them if you have one too.  I hear you get cool stuff.  By the way, does anyone know what the watts are for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment with respect and good grammar.