26 June 2011

Checking In

Well, hai thar. Long time no chat. How's it going?

The weather's been beautiful this weekend, so I decided to take a study break and go for a walk around the zoo. I live less than five blocks from a small, free zoo, and because it's so warm and sunny out, I decided to go for a walk. The idea actually came from a phone conversation this morning with an old friend. He mentioned going for a walk before the rain hits, and I thought "Yeah, that's a good idea. I think I'll go to the zoo."

So when my study guide was half done, I lathered on some sunscreen, put on my shades, and unfolded my umbrella. If I had a lolita costume, I would have totally worn it.

I went through the back way because there's a small lake with a pavilion that offers boat rentals and junk food. It's a hang out spot for people who want to go to a small beach area and hang out. The first animal I observed was the peacock.

A small group of girls crowded around next to me and loudly wondered if the peacock was a he or she.  I said the colorful birds are always male for mating reasons. They looked like they didn't get it, and their mother said that was interesting. I told her other birds do that too, like the cardinal. Red cardinals are always male, and females are actually brown.

I got a drumstick ice cream, but threw half of it away because it lost its taste. I wandered through the bird house and took a picture of the kookaburra because I like them. Said hi to the blue Macaws. Then I went outside and saw some more animals. The tiger was hiding in some high grass, no doubt doing what most cats do and taking a nap. "Get away from me, humans, I'm napping." I'd totally do that too.

Then I went out the front way.

I'm currently halfway done with one class, have another month for my second class, and split my time between work, watching movies, homework, and hanging out with friends. But this post is to let y'all know that I'm still here and really don't have anything interesting to say. So I'll see you again when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment with respect and good grammar.